If you need to keep your dog within the limits of the house and safe you will need a new and good fence for dogs. Before you go shopping for a pet fence or hire someone to install it and spend a lot of money on this, you have to have the corresponding information on the best brands, types, characteristics, and cons of each one. So have a good idea of what is the best fence or fence that is needed according to the type of pet you have.
Table of Contents
- What is the basic concept of a dog fence?
- Types of fences for dogs
- Advantages of physical fences
- Advantages of modular or hybrid fences
- Advantages of the electric or electronic fence
- Disadvantages of physical fences
- Disadvantages of modular or hybrid fences
- Disadvantages of the electric or electronic fence
What is the basic concept of a dog fence?
By having a pet that likes to jump fences and jump high or fit to escape under them, care must be taken when selecting the fence to install, as you have to give them space and tranquility to be and play. The information given here is to discourage your dog from violating the security that the fence provides.
It is very easy to build a high fence where they cannot jump, and that does not try to climb, it will respect the mint no matter its size. Placing a concrete channel a few inches below the ground and around the fence until the dog stops digging. The fence is made as high as possible to discourage jumping with arms on top with steel extensions.
Types of fences for dogs
Fences for dogs
When selecting dog fences, there are certain key factors to focus on. Good aesthetic appearance, your budget, and the breed of the dog are the factors that influence the selection of them. Fences generally shouldn’t be ugly if they don’t give the garden a nice look. Also, it must have a monetary value that fits the family budget.
Below are several types of fence for dogs that can be used depending on the need.
These fences are made up of wooden posts with wooden cross rails. But if it is to contain a small dog or puppy, a material must be placed between the rails. This is to prevent the puppy from weighing down for it. The budget for the installation of this type of fence is not very high.
It has the advantages of planting shrubs along the fence. This makes it so attractive, for the beautification of the garden.
This is a popular option that uses heavy wire between the support posts. You can choose the height you need, and most zoning laws allow it. They do not block the view, but they do not let the dog or puppy see.
Wiring: farmers use this type of fence; it is the cheapest if you have a very tight budget. This fence is constructed of loose-woven, narrow-gauge wire. With smaller rectangles at the bottom, it comes in a combination of height and stretches with braces and “T” posts.
Hybrid type dog fence
These types of modular fences may be of your convenience, if your community does not allow the installation of certain types of fences. These fences usually come in pre-made panels, which are fastened together. These panels can be taken apart and moved if necessary.
If there is a baby in the family, it is recommended that it be anchored to the ground to make it resistant.
Hidden fences or electronic fences
GPS Pet Fence with electronic or underground type, these fences have an underground cable where a small electrical current passes. This cable is placed under the ground, following the perimeter of the area where you want to keep the dog. The animal wears an electronic collar that, when passing through the cable, emits a signal.
The collar makes a sound, giving the dog a small, very weak electrical shock. This shock only tells the animal not to go through this area. This discharge does not represent any risk to the dog.
This fence is ideal for homeowners who do not have a visible fence and where zoning laws are very strict. People who have used it can claim that they work very well as they teach the puppy to stay in the restriction zone.
Advantages of physical fences
- They are fences that are visible to pet owners,
- It has a simple installation in some cases
- They are made of resistant materials, and their construction can vary.
- They are effective for large dogs.
Advantages of modular or hybrid fences
- They are not expensive to install
- They can be easily moved.
- They can be expansive just by buying another module and are attractive to the eye
Advantages of the electric or electronic fence
- Their installation requires little time and effort; they can be up and running in a short time, and without moving heavy materials.
- They are portable, since the dog knows how this works can be installed where required.
- Its area is radial so the dog can move wherever it wants.
- Being portable, it can be uninstalled and carried and installed wherever you want since the function is to teach the dog how far it should go.
Disadvantages of physical fences
- They are fences that in some zoning are not allowed
- If they are wire waxes, there is a risk that the dog gets stuck.
- Some fences require contractor installation, which makes it expensive.
- In some cases, they are unattractive.
Disadvantages of modular or hybrid fences
- Being modular it can be very weak in some cases
- If you have a baby, you have to anchor it to the ground, which can turn it into fixed fences
Disadvantages of the electric or electronic fence
- The signal depends on the configuration and the transmitter. you must have a good focus on the edge of the fence
- If there are many obstructions, there is a risk that the transmitter and the colla do not communicate.
- These types of fences do not prevent other dogs from entering.
In conclusion, to have our pet safely, we must have the best and most attractive one nearby. This is chosen, taking into account various factors such as the size of the dog and the zoning. This allows you to have a healthy dog and away from problems.